Campania & the Amalfi Coast, Italy
- Magnificent sea views
- Cook service included
About the villa
Exotic, sumptuous, this house was originally built by prosperous merchants trading with the East and in more recent times has been a retreat for artists and writers such as Picasso and Steinbeck. Built high above Positano, surrounded by hanging gardens, the views from its terraces are quite spectacular and the villa is bathed in sunshine throughout the day.
Spacious and extravagantly furnished rooms open out of each other like a series of ornate jewel-boxes, filled with some impressive paintings and statuary and with elaborate curtains and comfortably cushioned seating. Most rooms open on to private balconies or terraces, one of which forms the elegant setting for outdoor dining. Recent renovations have contributed numerous modern refinements amongst which are a magnificent full-sized indoor pool with spa, sauna and Turkish bath. A cook presides over a superbly characterful kitchen where modern equipment contrasts with beautiful old tiles and stone arches.
The property extends over five levels, with a garden full of fruit trees on the highest level and a lovely gazebo in which to relax and contemplate those stunning views.
- Living and dining room opening onto large terrace with furnishing dining area and seating
- Kitchen with further dining area
- Two double bedroom suites with large sitting area, shower rooms and frescoed ceilings (can be made as twin bedroom)
- Single bedroom
- Separate shower room slightly further up the stairs
- Two double bedrooms, each with shower room en suite (can be made as twin room)
- Access to the garden and terrace
Lower Ground Floor
- Indoor Jacuzzi pool area
- Turkish bath
- Private chapel
- Sitting area
- Opens onto grassed area with sunloungers and Jacuzzi footbath
- Satellite TV
- Centralised music system
- PC with ADSL line and WiFi
- Air conditioning
- Indoor Jacuzzi pool
- 8m x 3.5m
- Built-in steps
- Turkish bath
- Jacuzzi footbath
- Washing machine
- Hairdryers for all bedrooms
- Iron & ironing board
A float of Euro 2,000 for food and beverage expenses is payable on arrival. Please note that Palazzo Barocco is 150 steps from the road so is not suitable for those with limited mobility.
Our properties in Positano do not have private parking. If you are renting a car, we can arrange use of a private car park for approximately €25-€30 per day.
An English speaking CV representative in Italy will be available by phone during your stay. Contact details will be sent with your travel documents.
Arrival from 16:00 - 19:00. Departure by 10:00.
Please refer to the Health & Safety pages on this website.
CV Villas is happy to book flights for our customers on scheduled, charter or low cost airlines from London and regional UK airports to Naples.
CV Villas is happy to book transfers or drivers from to the airports of Naples or Rome and for excursions to Ravello, Amalfi, Pompeii, Herculaneum, Vesuvius or Paestum.
On request a guide for trekking and excursions on the Sorrento Peninsula and Amalfi Coast can also be arranged.
EVENTS AND WEDDINGS
The villa is affiliated to a wedding planner and event organiser for weddings and special celebrations
Make up for celebrations, different types of massages in the Spa area can be booked on request.
CV Villas offers a wide variety of additional services, to make your villa holiday even more special. You should be able to find all the information you need here, otherwise you can check out our frequently asked questions page or simply send us an enquiry.
Service & Staffing
- Cook (two members of staff to cook and serve from 0800 hrs - 1330 hrs and 1700 hrs - 2000 hrs.) Cost of food and drinks is not included and is payable locally
- Complimentary meal on arrival
- Continental breakfast daily
- Maid Service
- Daily change of linen and bath towels
- Porterage included from 0800 hrs to 1800 hrs from Monday to Saturday
- One complimentary cooking class
- Shopping service
- Nearest shops, restaurants, tennis court, hydrofoil to Amalfi, Sorrento and Capri 10 minutes walk
Places of Interest
- Amalfi 17km
- Ravello 25km
- Pompeii 45km
- Santa Maria di Castellabate (Palazzo Belmonte) 110km
- Main beach 10 minutes walk
- Naples 60km
- Naples 57km
It is no exaggeration to say that the 50km or so of coastline on the southern side of the Sorrentine Peninsula is among the most famous stretches in the world: the Amalfi Coast. The fishing towns turned resorts hanging from cliffs or wedged into coves; the azure views over the Bay of Salerno—it all looks exactly as you hoped. For centuries travellers have paused on the island of Ischia to soak in the thermal springs and laze by the sea. A Amalfi Coast villa holiday’s urban kick comes courtesy of Naples, home to museums of ancient art and, of course… pizza.